What's better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2020, our customer went global, multiplying their engineering challenges. To support their global takeover as the leading sports OTT platform we are looking for Backend Engineers who are passionate about building a modern, scalable and resilient platform and want to contribute to our mission of pushing the boundaries.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job. In return, we expect you to take (e2e) ownership of the systems you build, and that means: – You're responsible for the operational health of your services – You're empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues (i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints)
Tech stack: Fully Native and Hybrid (Native + HTML), so to deliver the best experience on TV
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Proficient in Kotlin/Java programming language
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Video Streaming development
<As our new Senior Software Engineer, these are some of the things you'll be doing/>
Build and maintain Android TV application
Bridge knowledge between non-Android developers and the Android ecosystem
Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
Collaborate with the Playback team to optimise the live experience of our users
<You'll be set up for success if you have/>
- Ability to work with other developers to understand requirements and designs and implement Android application in Kotlin & Java
- RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries
- Experience with writing unit (JUnit) and automated (Espresso + UIAutomator) tests
- Staying up to date with the Android SDK changes and trends
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
<We need you to fit our culture/>
Hooligan was founded on the principle that to deploy the best, we'd always employ the best. But this isn't where it stops. As technology keeps evolving, so do the systems and solutions our developers get to investigate and implement for our clients. For this reason, we've instilled a culture of continuous learning and we invest a lot of time and effort into the development of our developers.
<Development done differently/>
Hooligan Development is a custom software development house specializing in enterprise-level solutions through managed operational business solutions that are scalable, proactive and take ownership of the development from start to end.
We develop cutting edge methodologies and rethink new ways to break moulds and elevate the industries we touch. The idea that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun, is an ideology that has stuck since our inception.
Our focus is the agile development of web, cloud, and mobile applications that accelerate organisations to innovate faster than the speed of change.
Since 2013, we've been building digital products for digitally-led enterprises across North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We offer best of breed software engineering expertise coupled with strategic product management, intuitive user interface/ experience designers and manual/autonomous testing.
Our clients and partners know that we'll take the time to build genuine, lasting relationships with them. Our approach lies in understanding that your work is as important to us as it is to you. We are a value-first dev house. Your success is our success, and is, therefore, our #1 priority. We build products that we can all be proud of. And that is the Hooligan way.
<Drop your CV here!/>
Whether you’re ready to hire a Hooligan or just have a problem or project you want to discuss, drop us your details so we can get in touch.